Here is the recording from the 7 April 2022.
Screen sharing starts at 6:40 after the warm up questions…
Interesting points in the video:
- At 16:24 we think about:
- Why do we need to write “Developer Tests”?
- Why is there not a subject matter expert that cares about this technical component/part?
- At 31:10 Urs explains his reasons for “Acceptance Tests Green ASAP”
–> Extract module/class/function and write test around that later.
- At 34:58 “Can you rely only on Acceptance Tests” and Urs has an example from his product they are building.
- At 36:44 Tip: Raise the abstraction level so that the tests are understandable and readable and interesting to non software people (Subject Matter Experts)
- At 42:15 we dive into the different prepared test samples
- At 44:40 we review the test from Urs
- At 57:55 we look at the “Good Acceptance Tests Checklist”
Thanks Dave Farley
Check out Dave’s Youtube Channel
- At 59:00 “Paolo should review all tests” not “Paolo should review all code” (which is not possible) @Urs Enzler
- At 1:00:20 we discuss 5 points “What does Acceptance Testing make possible” with an example
- At 1:04:00 “Where should we poke the system with Acceptance Tests?”
- At 1:25:30 Experience Exchange with the experts in the room
Sign up for a Applying Scrum in Software Development training
Use discount code: “WBLUP22“